Friday, February 16, 2007

 

MRI's and CT Scans

Small child's dad spent the day in ER. He gets headaches all the time. Today was the third day of a headache that just would not go away. So the doctors did an MRI on him and saw something. Scary. They then did a CT scan. Small child's dad had to wait for hours for the results. They were looking for tumors or an anuerysm. Well. Turns out he's just fine. Thank heavens. I asked him what they saw originally, to get them to do the CT scan, and he told me that he has a "stressed" artery (can't remember the medical terminology) and that whenever the doctors see that they do a scan. The stressed artery is nothing to worry about. Diagnosis: Migranes. They gave him a perscription. He should be okay by tomorrow.

I feel bad though because he asked me why I didn't hug him when he got home. I'm not a very touchy, feely or affectionate person. He is. I will, however, buy your groceries, pick up your medicines, run your errands, buy you dinner, buy you your favorite chocolate, buy a knick knack that I think you'd like . . . you get the gist. That's my way of showing that I care, but I guess I come off as sort of cold and clinical sometimes. It's weird cause my personality is SO the opposite. I'm approachable, accessable and easy to talk to. I just don't do the touchy-feely thing very well. Even my own Mom says I'm not a very affectionate person. See? My own mom knows. I do snuggle, kiss and hug small child but I guess that's about it. Anyway, I feel like I suck right now because my very best friend needed a hug and I didn't give it to him when he needed it. Sigh. I really suck.

Comments:
Thanks, Sharon! It wasn't small child that was sick though, it was small child's dad. I would've FREAKED if it was small child.

And it's weird about the hugging thing. I mean, I give hugs to people all the time and I really like hugs, but I'm just not . . . oh, I just don't know . . . I guess, that I'm just not affectionate like I'm supposed to be. I don't know. Sigh.
 
I am so glad he is ok. I loved your voice mail, I tried to call you again, but we're just these two ships in the night!!!!!!!

I MISS YOU
 
No offense, CLL, but do you notice a trend in your list of things you'll do for someone instead of touching them? Four out of six are about cashola.

I suggest you take a day and give everyone you know a big bear hug. It feels great!

Oh, and stop trying to buy people's affection. (But if you want to buy mine, I like books.)

=)~
 
I'm very affectionate, sometimes too much so. But as compensation, I'm incredibly bitchy to people before I hug them. It works out fine.

Thank god for the news about the boy. Migraines suck, but it's better than the alternative. And they have medication, so it's not too bad.

Hope you semester is going well...
 
My personal philosophy? If you want a hug from someone and they don't make a first move, then do it on your own! I don't think you need to beat yourself up over not having done that. He's known you long enough to know that's not your style - so why didn't he simply either ASK you for a hug, or go to you and "take" one? I'm just saying....

Glad he's fine, though.

xo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?