Tuesday, February 20, 2007

 

Big Debut! Loralee C. & Loralee C. Sing Together For the First Time!

Well....what are you doing here? You must get over to Loralee Choate"s blog:

http://www.loraleeslooneytunes.blogspot.com/

We finally have our duet posted and ready for you to hear.

Long story short: Last June I was googling my own name at two in the morning. Yeah. Sad but true. But had I not been up late googling I would have never found the lovely Loralee's Looney Tunes. I popped over there only to find the blog of this incredibly beautiful, accessable, honest, sexy, funny-as-hell woman from Utah. Not only that but she was a Loralee C. . . . that sings! We started e-mailing each other and then talking on the phone. Before you know it . . . Bam! We're friends. We really click! About six months ago we get this idea of singing a duet together. There was a bit of a hurdle though as Ms. Choate is classically trained and I'm a rock singer. We both decided that since we love the song "For Good," from the Broadway musical "Wicked," that we should sing that. We were both willing to "color outside of the lines" a little. You know, explore unfamiliar territory. I asked small child's dad if he would record it for us. Before you know it, he's handed over these AMAZING music tracks. I then recorded my vocal here in California. Then it was Fed Ex-ed to Utah for LL to do her vocal and then sent back to California. Finally, small child's Dad, Naren, mixed and mastered it. (He recorded all of the instruments, engineered, mixed and mastered it. He is so freaking talented.) The final result is beautiful. LL and I pulled it off. We sound fabulous alone and fabulous together. It was a true work of love and I can't wait to do the next song with her. I hope you enjoy hearing it as much as we enjoyed putting it all together for you.

Well, what are you waiting for? Get on over there and check it out!

Comments:
I love it! It's one of my favorite songs from Wicked (the other being "Popular"), and you gals sound great. bravo!
 
Thank you, Sharon. I really think it's beautiful too!

Barry, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have EVER heard the song "For Good," so in a weird way you're sort of responsible for this song selection. =) Thank you for handing me your CD of "Wicked" last year. I listened to it ALL the way on the drive home from L.A. Also, my second favorite song is "Popular" too. Is it any wonder we're friends? xxoo
 
It's only a success because I did it with YOU, LL.

Love your singing guts.
 
No, LL, it's a success because we did it together. It's a success because it sounds beautiful and was done with love,heart and emotion. It's a success because it's magical.

I love your singin' guts right back, my beautiful friend. =)
 
Wow! Did I ever walk right into this obviously corny vomit trap! Remind me not to wait so long to comment next time - you ladies are making my spleen hurt.
 
Alex, You're just a big poopy.
 
Yeah, but I'm one of those cute poopies who float around the bowl for a while to entertain you.
 
Yes. Yes. Indeed you are. With a corn in it.=)
 
You're the corny poop. You and LL both!
 
Ugh, I disappear for a week and look at everything I miss. Fuck me and my laziness.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?