Saturday, January 20, 2007

 

My dearest Blog . . .

. . . Yes. I know that I've been neglecting you. I know that I've neglected you before, but I have to admit that this time it is a case of serious neglect. Sure, I've neglected you before for school, for homework, for my crazy schedule, for music or for lack of imagination. The charges of neglect are pretty serious this time. I'm . . . I'm . . . ahem . . . I've . . . yes . . . I've been seeing someone else. Yes. I've been spending waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time over at Myspace. I know, I know. I thought that it would be all right when I signed up. Truly. I did. "What's the harm in having a music page on Myspace?" I asked myself. "Every musician that I know has a page and it's a great networking tool." I reaffirmed. But NO ONE told me that I would enjoy it so much. I've visited hundreds of other amazing musicians. I've had hundreds of others visit me. Who knew that it would be so addicting? I'm sorry, my dear old Blog. Why you continue to stay by my side the way you do, I'll never know. Oh sure, I know that this is a phase. And Myspace will never mean to me what you do. You were the one who introduced me to the cyber world. You are the one that takes me seriously. You are the one that lets me talk and talk incessantly about mundane and useless topics with nary a complaint. You're much too good for me, my little blog. Please know that this phase shall pass. I will be back once this silly little obsession has run its course, once it's exhausted itself. There will never be another blog like you. Thanks for staying by my side and for all of your understanding. You are tride and true.
You are the only blog for me.
Much love,
Loralee

Comments:
Tee hee!

I loathed myspace, but mainly it was because creepy married guys kept wanting to hook up. Bleck. It would be a great network tool for musicians, though.

The status on the duet is that LL2 has both recordings, but the awesome guy who is going to put it all together has been under the weather. It will happen, though and it is going to be really good (In my humble opinion, of course!)

P.S.
So sorry that we got cut off last night, Thingy. My battery DIED!
 
My Space? Oh my god, LL2 has morphed into an 18 year old valley girl!

I may create an account there yet... I've always yearned to be an 18 year old valley girl. On the inside.
 
Sharon, You make me feel valuable.
Thank you. And LL is right. We haven't forgotten about the duet.
Small child's dad has been ill.

No Dougie. There is a whole Myspace area devoted to music. It's AWESOME! I've had like 500 people listen to my tunes. It is so very kewl!

I don't like the other Myspace pages. There are a bunch of 18 year valley girls. And there are also a bunch of pervs and a bunch of exibitionists making each other's dreams come true. That's why LL1 didn't like it. All the pervs were trying to hit on her.
 
At least I'm not the only one whose blog is giving them those yearning, neglected, longing looks.

BTW, you're right, LL. In the blogosphere it's just creepy single guys like me who want to hook up.
 
Kewl???? What have they done to you, LL2?
 
If she starts using "u're," we know it's time for an intervention.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?