Sunday, November 05, 2006

 

Borrowed from Sharon (Who Borrowed from Loralee)

Have you:

01. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone . . . (yummilicious!)
08. Said "I love you" and meant it . . . (every day)
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped . . . (Toooooo scared . . . I fell 25 feet onto cement without a bungee)
11. Visited Paris . . . ( Sigh. I wish.)
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea - from the shore
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa . . .(what? There's no elevator?)
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby's diaper . . . (many, many, many, many, etc., etc., times.)
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne. . . (and beer and tequila and wine . . .)
24. Given more than you can afford to charity . . . (I had to cut back because I was becoming a charity.)
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment . . .(Lots of times)
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk . . . (many times, myself included)
42. Had amazing friends . . . (can't do life without 'em)
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country . . .(Yay! Puerto Vallarta! Yay! Cancun! Yay! Cabo San Lucas!)
44. Watched wild whales . . . (in Hawaii, from our condo. Amazing!)
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach . . . (Ahhh, memories of Hawaii, memories of Mexico)
50. Gone sky diving . . . (Never have, never will)
51. Visited Ireland
52. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them . . . (NYC, Carnegie Deli . . . the tables are set up so that you have to.)
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs . . . (many times. Sad, huh?)
57. Pretended to be a superhero . . .(I'm a mom. I don't have to pretend. I AM a superhero.)
58. Sung karaoke . . .(and I've won contests. Shame on me. I knew I would.)
59. Lounged around in bed all day . . . (I do this way tooooo much.)
60. Played touch football . . .(No. But I"ve touched a football.)
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater . . .(yes. They were popular back in the dinosaur era when I was growing up. When I was in my twenties, sat in lawn chair with blanket over my lap and played "footsies" with a cute boy.)
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie . . . (well, my voice has.)
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo . . . (2 when I was 41, 1 when I was 44. I have an official "tramp stamp" on my back.)
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an "expert"
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage. . . (are you kidding?)
85. Been to Las Vegas . . . (many times and maybe planning to go again with some "unseemly" characters that I know . . .)
86. Recorded music . . . (many, many, many, many times and I plan to do it again with someone special very, very soon. Just you wait!)
87. Eaten shark
88. Kissed on the first date . . . (Mmm-hmm. Even made out.)
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house . . . (My Aunt helped me buy a condo once.)
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents . . . (My Daddy)
93. Been on a cruise ship . . .(Yep. Went to Nassau, St. Thomas and Puerto Rico)
94. Spoken more than one language fluently well enough to have a decent conversation
95. Performed in Rocky Horror . . .(does singing along in the theatre count?)
96. Raised children . . . (still raising my spectacular son)
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge . . . (No. And I live about 45 miles away from it. Very, very, bad!)
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds . . .(lost 20 pounds when I was 30. Then I lost 45 pounds after having small child. Only adds up to 65 pounds.)
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback . . . (I held someone while they were flashing their backside at me . . . does that count?)
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone's heart
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone . . .(shattered both of my heels. See #10 Bungee jumping)
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol . . .(didn't like it. Kicked back so hard into my shoulder that I cried.)
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery . . .(two of 'em)
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi . . . (can't get enough of it. Sushi and saki . . .mmmmmm!)
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school . . .(Hell yes! Let's hear it for the mature student!)
131. Parasailed
132. Touched a cockroach . . .(If squishing it with your foot counts)
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad
135. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school and read . . .(Orwell, Salinger, Vonnegut)
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you . . . (My CD's at gigs)
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair . . .(several different colors, several different times.)
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident . . .(several but only when I was a younger driver.)
150. Saved someone's life

Comments:
It's fun to read a list like that, and to see what others have done (and/or consider a sign of a life well lived). I must say that I'm quite content with all the statements I could put in bold, and not terribly concerned about the ones I couldn't!
 
I wish I could say that, Barry!

Good list, thingy. You really should try Fried Green Tomatoes. They are Deelish!
 
You didn't tag me, ya friggin Swede! =)
 
Bar, I'm content with my bold ones too. Doing some of the traveling ones would be cool.

LL, You're not content with your list? Your list is soooo cool!
I'm thinking that you'll have the whole list filled out someday.
I don't know where to get Fried Green Tomatoes or I'd try them in a second....

Alex, Actually, the friggin' Swede tagged herself. I stole it from Sharon who stole it from LL. I could be talked into tagging you though. All you gots to do is ask.
 
I love it when Alex uses Smilee faces.
It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!
 
I was going to make a joke about LL being fuzzy on the inside, but even I have limits.

Though I commonly break them, so here goes...


Seriously though. Take my wife, please (ba-dump-pump).


Fried green tomatoes, the dish, is awesome, especially with a semi-spicy cajun breading accompanied by a heaping bowl of crawfish etouffee.

Fried Green Tomatoes, the movie, however, is a steaming pile of histrionic dog feces, on a line with the movies Beaches, or Steel Fagnolias.
 
Hey! MORE movies that you can view to get to the so-called "lady parts"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?