Thursday, October 19, 2006

 

Useless Blather.....

I had 2 1/2 glasses of wine at my gig tonight so here is some useless blather.......

1) My friend is the "Home Depot" announcer and I heard him 4 times on the radio while driving home tonight.

2) I'm not young, I'm really not that hot, nor a babe....SO....why does the guy in the silver Corvette drive around again, while I'm loading my gear in the car, after my gig is through? My guitar player has already chased him off once and he still drives around to say stuff to me? Does he think that I'm desperate? What the hell? Oh yeah, sure buddy, you drove around the block twice, Wow! I'm impressed.... so I guess I'll just jump in the car with you! Really, does he think that I'm gonna just go over and start chatting with him, in the middle of the night, on an empty, dark street? It's 12:30 a.m., for the love of God! I just don't get it!

3) Tom Petty sings about "Reseda," where I grew up as a kid, in the song "Free Falling." I heard that on the drive home too.

Useless blather. Be very glad that I don't have more wine induced posts......

Comments:
I've got two playlists compiled in iTunes (and sync'd to my iPod): "Happy Songs" and "Sad Songs".

When I'm feeling down, and want to fully experience that place, I play the sad songs and just wallow away.

When I'm feeling good, or ready to stop feeling "bad", I can choose the happy songs list and it always helps. They're songs that I want to sing along with, or that just make me smile.

"Free Falling" is on the happy songs list...even though the content is not really happy at all - it just FEELS that way.

And. I'm. FREE.....
 
Look at it this way...you COULD have been posting after a ruckus night of Martini's with Alex and Erin.

Think about all the incriminating things you would spill about THAT!

So...If Alex drove around the block twice, would you have stopped to talk to him???

:D
 
Tell me if you end up going out with him. I haven't tried the "drive around in a Vette" move yet.
 
LL, I think that my post would be waaaaaaaaay more interesting if I'd spent the night drinking with Erin, Alex and YOU! And HELL YES, I would've chatted if it was Alex in the corvette.

Alex, Don't do the "drive around in a Vette" move. I don't know what that guy was thinking. I mean, really, don't approach a woman, who's by herself, in the middle of the night and think that you're going to "score." What the "eff?"

Barry, Yeah. "Free Falling" does have that happy vibe. Besides, I like the fact that it talks about the Valley and Reseda.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Guys follow you around because you've just done a gig. Period. There's something inherently sexy and mysterious about that. It's just something you have to accept in life. You will always be a sex goddess. There are fates worse, no?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?