Thursday, September 07, 2006

 

A Small But Huge Favor.....

....to ask of you my faithful 4 readers....hee! Small child's dad is a very, very talented musician. He has just recently entered an on-line competition. The task? To do a re-mix of Peter Gabriel's version of "Shock the Monkey" in your own studio. Small child's dad did a terrific job. It's contemporary sounding, it's subtle, it's crisp and it's cool. If you take a listen to the original mix and then take a listen to small child's dad's version you'll hear all of the wonderful things small child's dad did to his version. There's really an art to being a terrific studio engineer/producer. It's called being tasteful, subtle, simple and not overproducing. Small child's dad has the midas touch when it comes to engineering/producing and I would like for him to be acknowledged for this. Not only is small child's dad an amazing engineer/producer but he is a talented musician playing guitar, bass and piano. And he writes amazing songs as well. Also, small child's dad has been very, very generous with his talent, his time and his recording studio to work on a project for Loralee & Loralee, Thing One & Thing Two, Utah Loralee & California Loralee, Loralee 1 & Loralee 2, Young Loralee & Not So Young Loralee (or however it is that you know us.) This favor is one way that I can help him out in return.

Here is the favor. Please vote for small child's dad's song. Here's how:

(FYI: I am TRYING to get people to vote BEFORE this Sunday (September 10) to get small child's dad (Naren is his name) into the Top Twenty countdown on Sunday! Plus, it would be a great birthday gift for him as Sunday is his birthday! If you aren't able to vote before Sunday you can still cast a vote until September 30th. Oh yeah, you can only vote once.)

Please click on the link below. It will take you to small child's dad's song.

http://www.realworldremixed.com/remix.php?remix_id=r7767iVArff9ZrM.

Please sign up. (You know the drill, name, password, some sort of anonymous moniker.)

Please listen to Naren's (small child's dad) re-mix.

Please VOTE IF YOU LIKE IT. (3 stars or more.....anything below that is not helpful.)

Please DO NOT vote if you don't like it.

Please leave a comment. (Not required but if you'd like to and it's a GOOD comment that would be great!)

I will also have the link on my blog roll until September 30th if you'd like to send anybody else his way. Thanks everyone! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for small child's dad and I'll keep you posted as to the results.......

Comments:
Done!
Anything for you guys.
I really liked it a lot, and I'm a fan of Peter.

P.S.

I loved what you wrote on Very Mom and my place. I'll tell you again how sorry I am about your dad.

HUG
 
Thank you soooooo much ladies!
This means a lot to me.
BIG GIANT HUGS!
 
Ladies,

You are ALL Goddesses!
Thank you from my very full heart!

I "heart" you all!

Loralee
 
Bastards won't let me give 6/5 stars. Rules schmools!
 
Thank you so much for your vote, Alex. You guys ROCK so hard I cannot even tell you.

Big love and hugs....
 
Oops! I was too busy making stupid comments to remember to vote. I'll go do that now. lol
 
Isn't the blog world grand???

Just giving you a peep of love, thingy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?