Monday, September 11, 2006

 

Drop In If You Happen To Be In Town!

(New edit: Okay. For those of you that were LOUDLY singing "To Be With You" on Loralee's blog last month.....Eric Martin (listed below) is THE guy that wrote and sang that song. Just a little tid-bit for you all.....)
Wine, Women & Song ®presents
The Music of Artists Affected by Breast Cancer
Saturday, September 16
9:00pm
The Sweetwater Saloon, Mill Valley, CA
Melissa Etheridge ~ Sheryl Crow ~ Dusty Springfield ~ Nanci Griffith ~ Kylie Minogue
Olivia Newton-John ~ Carly Simon ~ Beth Nielsen Chapman ~ Doris Coley (Shirelles) ~
Shirley Horn
Performed in Concert by:
Eric Martin ~ Lorin Rowan ~ Krickie ~ Susan Z ~ Loralee Christensen ~ Greg Lamboy
Victoria George ~ Kat Fitzgerald ~ Dave Vincent ~ Pollyanna Bush ~ Carolyn Gauthier
Amber Morris ~ Elliott Randall ~ Chaz Simonds ~Annalisa Bastiani ~ Eileen Grady

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tickets $15
www.ticketweb.com or call (415)388-2820
Raffle Prizes!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be the first to get a glimpse of our new compilation CD
Wine, Women & Song Volume II "Then & Now"
featuring many of the artists performing at the Sweetwater show9:00 pm

Comments:
I would be on the front row with my lighter ON, if I could!

I used to date a guy that whenever I would sing for him he'd say, "Cool. I got tickets to Loralee!"

Thought you'd like that snippet...

LOVE YOU!
 
Yeah. Make them move the show to Toronto. I'd get a bunch of rowdy grad students to show up and support you (and likely also bogart the wine, but that's what happens when you get grad students together).
 
Sing along at my place, everyone????
 
Argh! wish I could be there too!
 
Thanks for singing along, Thingy.
How is school n' stuff????
 
What's with all these Toronto folks in your life? Who knew?!?! (Spoken by someone who used to live there, for those who don't know.)

I just pulled out my copy of "Sand & Water" to let someone hear "Seven Shades of Blue". That song, and Beth's performance, kills me every time.

Do you know what are you going to be singing? Tell us!
 
I wish that all of you could be there too! It would be so fun and it's such an amazing cause! LL, school is going fine. I'm overwhelmed all the time plus trying to be a Mom plus trying to be a singer....Whew! Thanks for asking! Big hugs and lots of love right back at you, sweetie!
Hey Barry! I always love when you comment! Guess I'm just lucky to have all of these Canadians stopping in! I do know what I'm singing this week end:

"I'm the Only One" - Melissa Etheridge
"Happy Girl" - Beth Neilsen-Chapman
"Son Of A Preacher Man" - Dusty Springfield
and
"You're So Vain" - Carly Simon

I'm lucky cause most of the singers are doing 2 maybe 3 songs and the organizers gave me 4! Woo! Hoo! I haven't heard all of Beth's stuff but I've heard a few songs at this rehearsal and I'm going to go out and by "Sand & Water" sometime tomorrow. She's an AMAZING songwriter. Also, just so you know, I got my stuff forwarded too (Taxi) so lets keep our fingers crossed.....YAY!
 
Alex, NO ONE can bogart the wine when I'm around wine....trust me!
 
we'll be thinking about you and singing along (out of tune in my case) even though we can't be there! *hug*
 
Yeah. I'll sing along to anything but the Carly Simon. Break some legs.

Or aleg. However that saying goes.


-A
 
Thanks, guys! I'll let you know how it all goes. I'm really looking forward to it....
 
Good Lucky, Thingy!

Knock'm dead.
 
I guess I'm too late to wish you luck (although I already did over at Alex's place), but good luck anyway again! How did the show go? Brilliantly? Amazingly? Fantastically? Experience-of-a-lifetimely?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?