Wednesday, August 16, 2006

 

TV Or No TV....That Is Tonight's Question

Well. After reading Erin's blog and reading Mighty Mouse's comments on Erin's blog I have a blog topic for tonight.
It appears that a lot of you are upset about Erin not having a TV when she goes to Baltimore.
Well.....get this.....I haven't had TV (not the actual set) in my home for about 7 years.....okay.....
I'll wait for those of you that need to get up off of the floor. La, di, da, di, da, dum, dum....okay....
are you back?? Yeah. No Cable. No Dish. No Reception. No, no, no.....none. We do watch DVDs and old videos....yes....I said videos.....what of it?? Here's something shocking as well. The small child's Dad has the same set-up at his house.....gasp! Yeah. I'll wait again.......are you back up....off of the floor?? Let me explain, let me explain. I used to be a big TV head. Back in the days of "Friends" "E.R" "Law & Order" I even taped my shows....yes....the damned VCR again....I'm old....what can I say?? When small child's dad and I split up and I moved out it just became an affordibility thing. It's expensive, man! And it's gotten even more expensive through the years! As small child got older we noticed that it was really, really serving him not having television in either home....so....now we have "no TV" by choice and the beauty of it is.....small child could CARE LESS about TV. He's not materialistic. He still sees Sponge Bob when he has the urge. You turn on the TV at his Nana and Grand Dad's or at Gramma's and he watches for about 2 minutes then he runs off outside to play. It's really great. Me. I miss it sometimes but I get a fix when I visit my mom....or my aunt. And to tell you the truth they each have about 6,465 channels and I find that there's nothing on. Oh. And now I read more than ever. I cannot tell you how much I LOVE to read so there is compensation for no screen time. And the small child reads more than other kids....so that's good too. So. If I don't post on a blog that's talking about some fabulous show that's on....you'll know why....it's cause I don't know what in the hell you all are talking about......

Comments:
Well, Sharon, that is at least one thing we do right as parents.
I won't give you a list of all the wrong things....there's too many.
I mean, I do give my child McDonald's a little too much and I'm a huge, big, huge horrible slob. So is his dad BUT his Dad home schools him. He' going into 4th grade this year and has already surpassed 4th grade math skills....sheesh! You go Dad!
We are, also, seperated but live next door to each other and it works great. Go Mom and Dad! Oh, also, I'm too much of a push over.
Guess it all balances out in the wash, huh?
 
P.S. You're kids graduated with honors!!!!!! That is so absolutely fantastic....so may I say back to you....What wonderful parents!!!!
 
all i know is, small child is very imaginative and creative with his little stories that he writes. honestly, he's gonna be a writer among many other things someday, thats for sure.
 
Eh, tv rots the brain. Take it from me and my dvr. :D
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?