Tuesday, August 08, 2006

 

True Conversations With the Small Inhabitant of My Home

(Warning: For those of you thinking about or just about to add a small child to your household.... This is a true story. Terrifying but true. This will be you in a few years and there is nothing you can do about it. Really. I am so serious. Let it be known to all that I've warned you!)

These conversations take place in my home.....at the very least....842 times a day. He is only nine and the fun is just beginning. I tell myself to get used to it. Doesn't really help....sigh!

Grown Up: Small child, go and brush your hair.

Small Child: I don't want to brush my hair.

Grown Up: Not wanting to brush it is not an option. Go and brush your hair.

Small Child: But I like my hair this way.

Grown Up: Go and brush your hair, small child.

Small Child: Mom, I REALLY don't want to brush it. It looks good like this.

Grown Up: It does NOT look good like that. You look like a vagabond child. Go and brush it.

Small Child: Why?

Grown Up: Alright. We will stay home. We will not go to Andrew's birthday party. I will have to tell Andrew that not brushing your hair was more important to you than going to his party.....

Small Child: Oh alright.....I'll go brush it.

Sigh! Do we see the makings of an attorney here?

So exhausting. But at least this argument was only about hair. I can't wait for the teen year arguments.......

Comments:
CLL has her own blog! This is momentous...momentus...momentos...damn it, hang on a sec.

Okay, the first one was right. It doesn't look right, does it? And I used to be such an excellent speller.

Anyway, I know I'm probably weeks and weeks behind the opening of your blog, but YAY! And 'small child' sounds like a a bag of chips. :) At least he listens to reason, right?
 
MM!
YAY! You visited me! I'm am sooo
honored! You are so one of my favorite blogs. I read you, Alex and of course Miss LL EVERY DAY!

Thank you for making my day!
 
Ask once, and if it's not done, then ask again and tell the consequences, then no birthday party, etc. (you actually need to stick with this threat, no matter what, I learned the hard way!) You do not need to explain yourself, you are the adult.I guarantee it will only happen once more after that! It makes life easier for all.
 
You're right, Gina! I'm a big wimp and I'm working on this....
How in the hell are you and your small child?
 
no experience here. but i do have to say that "small child" gets his sense of humor from his ma ma. he is a crack up as well. and SMART! (and cute, beautiful blue eyes)
 
Melisa,
You're just partial. Hee! But I agree with you about all of it!

: )
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?