Tuesday, August 08, 2006

 

Some Parental Advice

Words to live by: When you are livid with your child.....when you are seeing red....and you think that you'll explode....do not.....I repeat....DO NOT use the word "shennanigans." (i.e. "I've had it with your "shennanigans!") They WILL laugh. They WILL repeat the word and they WILL laugh again. For example:

(True re-enactment):

Grown Up: I have had it with your "shennanigans!

Small Child: Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Shennanigans! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!


"Uh-Uh" doesn't work either. For example:

(Another true re-enactment):

Grown Up: Stop fooling around! If you break that.... it's gonna be uh-uh!

Small Child: Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! You said, "uh-uh", Mom! Ha, ha, ha, ha!

These are just small little words of advice to all parents. They are designed to save you the complete parental humiliation that I have encountered.

Comments:
Lord! They can be exhausting!!
And draining! And tiring! And....
I wouldn't trade ANY of it! : )
 
HA HA HA HA!

I call Shennanigans on you!
 
Listen Miss LL!

I've had it with your shennanigans!
That's just uh-uh!
 
you guys have to HEAR her say it, thats where its hilarious!!!writing it doesnt do her justice. you have to picture her waving her finger in front of her face and she gets this look, its sooo funny...
 
Melisa,
You are my biggest fan and I LOVE you! It doesn't hurt that you're sweet and nice and funny and gorgeous too. Thanks for commenting on my blog, sweetie!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?