Monday, August 21, 2006

 

Please Sign Me Up For "Unaware 101" Or "Dingy 1B"

So. Today I get up. A relaxing sort of morning. Have a nice little IM session with Alex. Go visit the neighbors. Come back home. Hmmmmm. "I think I'll check my e-mail." says I. What is that? Who is this e-mail from?? I better open it..... "Loralee we missed you in class today. Are you planning on being there on Wednesday?"

WHAT?........WHAT? (I blink. I rub my eyes.) I look again and again I hear myself saying.....WHAT? Of course, I'll be there on Wednesday because that is when school starts! I saw signs at the JC that said that school started on August 23rd. I SAW THEM! I KNOW I SAW THEM! (Did I see them? Did I really see them?) BUT IT'S ON MY CALENDAR, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! I START SCHOOL ON WEDNESDAY!! (The elementary school across the street starts on Wednesday....so we MUST start on Wednesday.) But, apparently everyone else started school today. Great. Great. That's just great. I missed 3 classes today. THREE! Yeah! I'm not sure if this is any kind of indication of what my semester is going to be like. It's either going to be really crappy (which I choose not to believe) or this is going to be the worst thing that happens all semester (which is what I choose to believe...I hope I'm right...please let me be right!)

Way to start your new school adventure, Loralee! SIGH! I thought that I was sooooo on it.....sooooo organized! I had my "Hello, Kitty" folder & lunchbox. My pencils were sharpened. I bought new erasers. I was ready. I was ahead of the game! I was so excited. You all know. You read my "I'm so excited to go to school" post. I called all three of the teachers today. I left messages. "Yes," I said, "Yes. I AM in your class. PLEASE don't drop me! PLEASE don't drop me." Really. Not after all of the time and preparation that I've put in.

I took an unmotivated walk over to the small child's Dad's house next door. I told him the whole sordid story. I was THIS CLOSE to crying. Small child's Dad assured me that I would not be dropped. He assured me that everything will be okay and to not be too hard on myself. He assured me that I really haven't missed anything. Small child's Dad is a college graduate so I'm going to believe him. I will believe him. I DO believe him. He's been to college.... he knows.

So. Officially, everyone else started school today. I will start tomorrow. Yes. For sure. I KNOW this now. Uh-huh....tomorrow. Loralee starts school tomorrow. SIGH!

Comments:
WOOT!

Don't worry about it, honey. EVERYONE has done something like this. Just make sure you get the syllabus so you can have your reading and homework done by wednesday.

DON'T STRESS.

You will ROCK THE HOUSE!
 
SO????

HOW WAS IT???
 
You'll be fine... I taught a first year spanish course at UWO and have taken tons of them over the years... lots of people miss the first day... they tend to be the slackers, but with you I know it was an honest mistake... and as soon as your profs meet you they'll know that too. You will do awesome!!! Let us know how it goes!
 
Thank you, ladies! Today's class went fine....of course....I didn't miss that one. I bought all of my books today (except one that they were out of), checked out info regarding financial aid and got my parking pass. I wasn't able to get a syllabus in time for tomorrow's THREE classes that I missed..Hopefully, the homework assignments (if any) were small and I'll be able to catch up.....
SIGH, SIGH, SIGH, SIGH! I feel really overwhelmed and intimidated right now. I know I'll be fine...
but still..... S-I-G-H! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. I REALLY appreciate your support...
 
This just means it can only get better from here on. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?