Thursday, August 31, 2006

 

English 1A! YAY!

This is a true story. I will not change my name to protect the innocent because this is a good story. It has been a great day. And it all started even before I had my coffee! I ran into my English teacher in the parking lot this morning. We chit-chatted a bit. As we were walking to the campus he said, and I quote, "I really enjoyed your reading log. I can tell that you're engaged in the story." Then I said, "Yay!"....gee....how intellectual of me. Then, of course, I went to the student cafe and got my big, giant, huge mocha. Got myself settled in class. He then proceeded to read three student reading logs out loud stating that they were very good examples of what he expected from the reading logs. Well. I know, I know. You already know. But. I'm going to say it anyway.....to my astonishment THE FIRST ONE THAT HE READ WAS MINE! Can I tell you how encouraging this is for me?? Can I? Okay. I will. This is just so encouraging for me! I mean, after not being in class for 25 years....well....it makes me feel that maybe....just MAYBE I'll be able to acheive those A's that I'm dreaming of! It may well be a reality!

Of course, I have found a way to trivialize this little victory. I was telling small child's dad that I am the oldest person in my class. I think that the average age range is 18 to 22.... so I feel it's sort of akin to the Seinfeld episode when Kramer is kicking butt in his karate class....he's so proud....he can whip all of the other students butts. Then we find out that all of the other students in his karate class are 9 and 10! It's hilarious. Ahhhh! To hell with trivializing my small acheivement. I'm proud and I'm happy and I'm encouraged right now! I'm just going to let myself have this today! I ROCK!

Comments:
YUP! It is hard to have to get back in that vibe again. YOU ROCK!
 
This is TOTALLY (wow, I teach at a university?!) an achievement! It is much harder to go back as a mature student and rock the class. I know I speak for everyone when I say we are all SO PROUD OF YOU!!!
 
Just remember, CLL, you have a huge advantage over most of the teenies in your class: you care.
 
Congratulations! I think it's amazing that you've been dreaming of going back to school and actually made it happen. It's easy to talk the talk, but it ain't easy to walk the walk. Geez, speaking of, I'm like a walking cliche today.

Does this mean that you're now the teacher's pet?
 
YAY! MM! It's so good to see you!
All of us have missed you!
Yeah. I'm loving school...freaked out a little...but loving it!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?